Spotify routinely releases updates for its applications for all devices and they make sure to squash any kind of bugs in them. So it’s a good idea to keep your Spotify apps updated to the latest versions, as you get access to the new features that they introduce with every new update and the security features get updated too.
Although you can't directly stop shuffle play on Spotify on mobile devices, you can update to Spotify Premium to get this feature. There are four options for you to subscribe to. Respectively are individual plan, family plan, Spotify Premium Duo plan, and student plan. Choose the most suitable one, and then refer to the following steps.
- Bring your music to mobile and tablet, too. Listening on your phone or tablet is free, easy, and fun.
- You should automatically open to the Home page, but if you don't, tap Home and then tap the Settings gear icon. In Settings tap your Display Name. On your Profile page, tap Edt Profile. On the Edit Profile page, highlight and then change your display name, and then tap Save.
- For Google Home's best music setup, do these steps right away with Spotify, YouTube Music and more. Your Google Home or Nest smart speaker can play almost any song ever recorded, but first you.
Spotify automatically updates itself whenever there is an update but sometimes it might not. It’s best to stay updated as you get the latest features and also the latest security updates. So below are the steps on how to update Spotify in various devices –
How to update Spotify desktop app?
- First, open up the Spotify desktop app.
- Click on the 3 dots menu at the top left corner of the Spotify app and then click on the option Help>About Spotify.
- Then a small window will open which contains the Spotify app version info and if there are any updates available you will see an option with a download link right below the app version number.
- If there are any updates available, then click on the link and download it and then keep on following the on-screen instructions in the installer and install the Spotify app’s latest version. Do not worry about losing your data, none of it will be deleted.
How to update Spotify on iPhone & iPad?
- First switch on automatic updates by going to ‘Settings’ and then to ‘iTunes & App Store’ and then turn ‘Updates’ on.
- To manually update, open the App Store.
- Then tap on ‘Updates’ at the bottom right and then look for the Spotify app and tap on ‘Update’.
- If you are unable to find the Spotify app in the ‘Updates”, then you already are on the latest version.
How to update Spotify on Android?
- Open up the Google Play Store in your phone and then swipe left to open the menu.
- Next, go to ‘My apps & games’ and there you will find the apps that have updates available, just tap on ‘Update all‘ to update all the apps.
- Alternatively, you can just search for the Spotify app using the search option in Google Play and then check if there are any updates available for Spotify.
You can always download the latest version of Spotify from their official site from this link if you are unable to update from the above-mentioned methods. Also, check out how to fix Spotify error code 3?